There was more variety than past years at the ‘Luxury’ jewelry trade show in Las Vegas held earlier this month. Managed by JCK Events, the three-day invitation-only show serves a preview for JCK Las Vegas, the largest jewelry trade fair in North America, which encompasses the broad spectrum of the jewelry industry.
This diversity was due to the opening of the event to more exhibitors and retail buyers—so lifestyle and fashion jewelry designers, high jewelry creators and companies with specific bejewelled solutions for retailers joined together with traditional exhibitors.
In several instances, it was the newer exhibitors that brought a sense of excitement to the show. Both Nanis, a brand created by Laura Bicego, and Erica Courtney, though veteran and well-known jewelers were both first-time exhibitors. However, longtime exhibitors such as Zorab Creation and Yael Designs also impressed, as they do every year. They were among the best as well as six others that are listed below.
1. The 18k gold Ipanema Bracelet by Italian jewelry brand, Nanis, speaks to the vibrant colors of the South American beach resort using a variety of colored gems, including aquamarine, labradorite, rutilated quartz, yellow sapphires, amazonite and diamonds.
2. 18k gold and palladium earrings with orange sapphires, yellow and white diamonds and tsavorite by Zorab Creation
3. Galaxy Collection Shooting Star Earrings featuring amethyst and diamonds set in recycled gold by Arya Esha
4. A ring centered by a moonstone with sides sprinkled with bright pink spinels by Yael Designs
5.A total of 45 varying sized spherical green tourmaline beads, with a combined weight of 509 carats, matched with 17.7 carats of diamonds and 19.6 carats of garnets mounted on 18k white gold by London designer, Fei Liu. The feather centerpiece can be worn separately as a brooch. It is available with matching earrings.
6.A rose gold necklace featuring a cluster of baguette-shaped diamonds by Borgioni
7. A pendant necklace centered with a 30.10-carat London blue topaz surrounded with 76 diamonds mounted on 18k white gold by PeJay Creations
8.The Bull and Bullfighter ring by Wendy Brandes features 429 diamonds (350 black and 79 white) set in 18k gold that depicts a dominant bull inside an arena. On the underside of the ring is a portrait of a bull fighter.
9.Openworked 18k yellow gold ring with sapphire and paraíba by Erica Courtney
10.LovePendants by Color Story offers a variety of 12mm round gems engraved with personal sentiments and then set in either vermeil, silver or 14k gold that can be worn as a necklace, bracelet or charm.